When you are looking for a PCB slip ring, that is a question that crosses your mind. While you spend money on it, you want to buy a slip ring that solves all transmission problems a slip ring solves. So, is the PBC slip ring reliably?
There are many slip rings types available in the market, and one of them is the PCB slip ring. They have extensive use, and that is probably why you are considering using one for your device, right? To know whether the slip ring is reliable, you have to know what the slip ring is, its features, and applications.
PCB Slip Ring – What Is It?
The PBC slip ring is another name for the pancake slip ring. It is a slip ring that has a flat, disc platter shape. It is suitable to use where there is limited space to install.
The PCB slip ring can have a hole at the center as the through-hole slip ring. According to manufacturers, one can buy one with specific specifications, or you can ask a manufacturer to custom make one for you.
PCB Slip Ring and Its Composition
What makes the PCB slip ring? Different manufacturers come up with different types of PCB Slip rings. A customer can also ask for a custom make one, but there are standard parts in every PCB slip ring, and they are:
· The circuit surface board: It is the flat side of the slip ring. The surface is of the platting process with a thick layer of copper and hard gold plating to make it resistant to wear and hard enough to withstand external forces.
· Brush assembly: The brush assembly is where contact tables place. The brushes are of fiber technology with precious met gold- gold coating. That gives it the desirable qualities that they have.
In addition to these two parts, the PBC slip ring also has a minimum height of radial cable output or axial cable output. It can be according to what you want, where to use the slip ring, or according to the device that will use the slip ring.
What Are the Best Features of PCB Slip Rings?
What are the features that distinguish the slip ring from the others? Again, different manufacturers make the slip ring according to set standards and specifications. The following distinctive characteristics of PCB slip ring:
· Thickness: Like a pancake, it also has a ring that is super thick. It is a pancake-like hence the name and is suitable to use in places with limited spaces. Depending on customers’ specifications or manufacturers, the thickness can be up to 6mm. That also explains why it is easy to install the slip ring.
· Resistance: The slip ring is resistant to various external factors. That is due to the pancake housing that is of copper coating and precious metal gold-gold melting coating. The resistance makes the slip ring suitable for use in areas with harsh external conditions such as high temperatures, strong wind, or cold weather.
· Material making the slip ring: Most manufactures multi-layer copper coating and precious metal gold-gold contact place. The brushes are of fiber tech or military glade buses that are resistant to wear, corrosion, or any external damages.
· Friction and noise: The slip ring makes less noise while at work. That is because the brushes and point of contact are of precious metals and fiber tech. It does not rust due to external conditions. or wear out due to corrosion. That makes the pancake slip ring best to use since it is durable, easy to maintain, and cost-effective.
· Durability: When a slip ring is of the right material, it is bound to last longer. The pancake slip ring is if precious metal contact and the brush the same as fiber tech. That makes the slip ring resistant to wear due to harsh external conditions and useful in any setting since it is cost-efficient to use.
· Efficiency: The slip ring solves all the problems that a slip ring is supposed to. It has infinite uses, does not lick data or power, and avoids any crosstalk. That makes a device work efficiently to give desired results. It explains why the skip ring has extensive industrial use.
Benefits of Using PCB Slip Rings
Well, to understand whether the PCB slip ring is reliable or not, it is good to know whether the benefits of the pancake slip ring. What do you gain from using the slip ring? The following are the most common advantages of using the PCB slip ring?
· The slip ring is easy to install. The PCB slip ring is easy to place in any device. That is because of the simple make it has. The disc-like shape makes the slip ring easier to handle and put in any automation system for transmission of data and signal from static to rotor points.
· It offers reliable contact. Brushes of fiber tech contact easy since they don’t rust. The contact metal is of precious gold. The gold contact makes the connection easy, secure fast with no breaking. That makes the transfer of signal and power reliable, fast, and with no distortion.
· It Has a compact size for use in small spaces. Do you want to use the slip ring in a small area? The PCB is the best to have in your device. That is because it is flat, ultra-thin, and low, making it suitable for use in situations where there is no enough space.
· The slip ring is cost-effective to have. Every customer aims to get a slip ring that is easy to maintain, cost less, and is durable. The pancake slip ring lasts longer since it does not rust, is of durable material, and does not need constant repair.
The meaning of reliably is being able to do something is a consistent and accurate manner. So, is the slip ring able to transfer data and power in a consistent and reliable answer is yes! If you look at how the slip ring is, the features and advantages, you understand and see that the slip ring is reliably to have. It is cost-effective, transfer signal and power fast and efficiently and is suitable for use in limited spaces. The PCB slip ring is reliably to use in your device.